Friday, April 4, 2014

Weekend Happenings, Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole, Pinterest Stuff (Easter Basket Ideas)

Good Friday morning!

RANDOMNESS #1 - As promised, I am posting four out of 167 of the pictures I took of Stephanie and Brad this past Sunday.





Aren't they beautiful?

As I've said before, Brad and Stephanie are getting married in September and Austin and Melia will be married in October.

It's going to be a really, really busy Summer around here!

RANDOMNESS #2 - Last week was our Spring Break. While we didn't go out-of-town, we did a couple of special things as a family, and Roxie tried a few new things with her friends.


The Basketball Banquet was held at the Coach's home this year, and the girls had a blast. They ate Taziki's and played Messy Twister.

I don't know if Kelci and Roxie won, but I also don't know if it really mattered.


Roxie didn't touch anything in my house upon her return...

Except any and everything in the shower.


Roxie and Ragan also went to Air Walk.

You know.

The trampoline place.

It is one of those things they invented after my kids grew up, but Roxie told me she wants EVERYONE in the family to go.

What she means...

She wants the adults to go to supply the funding for the "after" Air Walk meal...

And she wants The Brothers, The Lovely Melia and all The Cousins to go for fun.

I'm good with that.

RANDOMNESS #3 - Austin was off work Wednesday, so he and I headed to Hanceville to have lunch with Josh.

Lunch was good, but look what we found on the way home.



How sweet is this baby donkey?

I want one, and I mentioned my "want" to Mikie and he quickly crushed my dreams.

You know, I really don't ask for that much.

A gravity-defying 52 year-old body.

A week-long vacation in Connecticut in the Fall.

A HUGE RV as my primary mode of transportation. I've wanted this since the kids were in elementary school so I could have my own personal bathroom while I waited in carpool lines, and although I don't do carpool lines any longer, The Big Gold Van just seems too small and cramped for all my 52 year-old lady needs. (Although the things I "want" are in no particular order, please know this would always, always be my first choice!)

And now... A sweet baby donkey.

Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole

I found this recipe on Pinterest, and Austin, Mike and I had it for dinner last night.

And it was good!

You will need the following:

1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut in 1″ cubes
6 to 8 medium skin-on red potatoes, cut in 1/2″ cubes
1/3 cup olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons hot sauce

Topping:

2 cups fiesta blend cheese
1 cup crumbled bacon
1 cup diced green onion

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9" x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce. Add the cubed potatoes and chicken and stir to coat. Carefully scoop the potatoes and chicken into the prepared baking dish.

3. Bake the potatoes and chicken for 55 to 60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes, until cooked through, crispy and brown on the outside.

4. While the potatoes are cooking, fry your bacon (about half a pound).

5. Once the potatoes and chicken are fully cooked, remove from the oven. Top the cooked potatoes with the cheese, bacon and green onion. Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

6. Serve with extra hot sauce and/or ranch dressing or sour cream.



NOTE - This dish was a little too hot for my tastebuds, so if you do not like heat, you could leave out the 2 tablespoons of hot sauce...

Or just drink a lot of iced tea like I did.

Pinterest Stuff

Easter Basket Ideas for Children

I love "themes" for all kinds of things, and these caught my eye.

Young Astronaut

Glow In The Dark Stars
Moon In My Room
3-D Solar System
Inflatable Astronaut
Space Figures
Planets Stickers

Bugging Out

Bug Trails
Bug Vacuum
Backyard Safari Cargo Vest
Critter Case
Bug Books
Bug Scene Investigator
Hexbug Nano

Summer Fun

Swimsuit
Beach Set
Castle Building Set
Beach Tote Bag
Dump Truck Set
Beach Chair
Sunscreen

Weekend Happenings

1. Mikie and I are going to Pepper Place tomorrow morning for the opening weekend. (Depending on weather, of course.)

2. Josh and Austin are working this weekend, but as of this moment, Josh, Austin and Melia will all be off and are planning on seeing Captain America: Winter Soldier Saturday night.

3. The Chick is babysitting, dating and having some fun with friends over the weekend.

4. Mike and I hope to squeeze a Dollar Movie date in sometime, as well as enjoy some Slice Pizza before the work week begins.

5. And I'm making a chocolate pie from a new-to-me recipe.

No matter what REALLY happens this weekend, I know there will be pie!

Have a fun weekend with you and yours. I'll be back TUESDAY with Pepper Place pics, a chocolate pie recipe and so much more.

Don't panic if you hear of a baby donkey kidnapping in the Hanceville area. I am sure the baby donkey will be in very good hands.

Take care, and I'll talk to you next week.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter