Tuesday, June 16, 2015

I'm Back, Baby!

Hey, Guys...

I know I have been less than faithful posting on the blog the last few months. I have been going back and forth, back and forth about totally walking away from the blog OR figuring out how to make it work for me at this "time in my life."

I had an epiphany today.

And not just because I love the word "epiphany."

I DO still want to blog.

I like to share ideas, stories, recipes and various mundane thoughts, etc., etc.

It is a way I enjoy expressing myself, and I don't have to worry about being boring because you don't have to read anything you don't feel like reading.

It really is a win-win situation.

I feel I have let this "empty nest" thing throw me for a big ol' loop...

Especially since the nest won't be empty until sometime in August.

Since the kids are all three years apart, in my mind, the complete emptying of the nest would have happened over a period of one, two or three years.

Something I like to refer to as a very nice "transition period."

But kids are weird sometimes, and my three have all decided to move upward and onward in the very short space of eight months.

I might as well have had triplets for all the good "spacing them out" has done for me in this particular instance.

Also, I have been having a little difficulty getting used to my new "hats."

I now wear a "mother-in-law" hat, as well as a "mother of adult children" hat.

I am not gonna lie. Learning how to wear two whole new hats at the ripe old age of 53 has been more than a little intimidating.

I have basically discovered I am an "old dog," and I do not care for learning "new tricks."

That being said, I am now throwing myself into this new phase of life, and I am determined to be the BEST mother-in-law AND mother of adult children in the land.

[Insert hysterical laughter here.]

SO...

If it is okay with y'all, I am going to try really, really hard to write a Friday-Only Post which will include everything the post has always included.

It may be a little longer.

It may have more pics.

It may actually be a little overwhelming when you pop over for a visit.

But as always, I will have every topic being discussed that particular Friday listed in BOLD, and you will be free to skip as much as you desire.

Kinda like always.

Let's give it a try, and see how it works, shall we?

I'll be back THIS FRIDAY, JUNE 19, and we will be discussing the following topics:

Senior Awards Night
Tommy's 52nd Birthday Celebration
Senior Recognition
Graduation
Graduation Reception
Kool Korner Restaurant Review
Pinterest Stuff
Two New Recipes

Until then, take care!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

P.S. I'm adding a few of my favorite MAY PICS to this post...

Just because!


The Chicks from Senior Awards Night.


Judith participated in her very first Fun Run for MotherWalk the first of May. Mikie gave her a pep talk...


But she didn't need it.



We had an amateur Graduation Photo Shoot a couple of days AFTER graduation.


Lauren and Matthew helped Mackenzie with some of her birthday loot during her second Birthday Celebration.


Roxie and Scotty after Graduation.


Aunt Becky, Roxie and Uncle Guy at the Graduation Reception.

I have a million of them...

And I'll share a few more of them with you Friday.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! You're BACK!! Wowzers! I'm Sooo glad you will continue to blog 'cuz I miss hearin' about you n your family. And about the empty nest syndrome, I get it!! I'm so not ready for my first to leave in August either. He keeps tryin' to tell me I can't call him everyday-- just to hear his voice. Tryin' to stuff in as much as he'll let me in the next 10 weeks! Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter