Friday, August 28, 2015

Weekend Happenings, Pinterest Stuff (Top Ten Attractions in Each State AND Ideas For Energy-Boosting Breakfast Toasts) AND Quotable Quotes

Good Friday afternoon!

First things first...

Mike and I purchased a new computer, and it is awesome. Our old "home" computer was over 11 years old which equals 216 in human years. That means SLOW!

While our new computer is super fast, I have not learned how to transfer pics from my camera... yet.

So, I asked Mikie to send several pics from this week (on his phone) to my e-mail.

My e-mail isn't set up either... yet.

I am sad to report, I have some really good pics from this past week, but no way to share them.

Next week's post will be very picture-intensive!

RANDOMNESS #1 - Mike and I invited Josh and Courtney to dinner last Thursday night in Cullman...

And as Mikie was driving, I tentatively asked him the question that had been weighing on my mind since the Engagement Party the previous Sunday night.

"Will we be grandparents the day Josh and Courtney get married, or are we grandparents as of the Engagement Party?"

"The Engagement Party," Mike replied immediately.

"Well, alrighty then," I said.

And then my mind started going 90 miles per hour because I needed to wrap my head around the fact Judith, who is now seven months old, wasn't just any ol' precious, cute bundle of sweetness.

She was my granddaughter.

Thus, making her the MOST precious, cute bundle of sweetness in the world.

Nay.

The universe.

If you ever wondered if I would be one of those obnoxious grandparents who talked incessantly about their grandchildren, wonder no more.

Yes.

Yes, I will be one of "those."











RANDOMNESS #2 - The news may or may not have reached your part of the world, but I turned 54 this past week.

That's right.

And I have a ton of pics to prove it...

Next week.

Until then, let me share some of last year's pics...







Gee...

I looked so young back then.

Heavy, heavy sigh.

Quotable Quotes

"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindnesses. Kindness in your face. Kindness in your eyes. Kindness in your smile." Mother Theresa

Pinterest Stuff

Top Ten Attractions in Each State

I immediately "pinned" this, but I also wanted to share the website with you. You can go to www.attractionsofamerica.com for many more lists.

1. U. S. Space and Rocket Center

The U. S. Space and Rocket Center is located in Huntsville, and the city will always be remembered as the birthplace of America's space program. It was Dr. Wernher von Braun who adopted the city as the final place to refine and set up the Apollo Rocket. The event is memorialized in the form of a permanent exhibit at the U. S. Space and Rocket Center. Nearly 16 million people have visited the Center, and dozens of interactive exhibits are held in the Center all through the year. The Center also hosts the extremely popular Space Camp, Aviation Challenge Camp and Robotics Camp that are attended by thousands of competitors every year.

2. Birmingham Zoo

The Birmingham Zoo is truly beautiful. Spread out over more than 122 acres, the Zoo is home to more than 800 animals from all over the world. The Zoo has more than 50 different exhibits that are open all through the year. Apart from the exhibits, the Zoo also holds education classes for children and adults. Special classes are also available for teachers, preschoolers and students. Special classes like bird photography training, after school labs, etc. are also held depending on availability and interest. During the summer vacations, the Summer ZooFari Camps are very popular with children and the camps are often booked well in advance.

NOTE FROM ENCHANTING BELINDA - A description (like those above), the website and address are given for each and every attraction.

3. Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail

4. Point Mallard Park

5. Cheaha State Park

6. USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park

7. Gulf Shores

8. McWane Science Center

9. Huntsville Botanical Garden

10. Birmingham Civil Rights Institute

Of course, it goes without saying the next time I head to Georgia, Tennessee, etc., I will be checking their lists, too.

Ideas For Energy-Boosting Breakfast Toasts

Sliced Banana, Almond Butter and Chia Seeds
Hummus, Chopped Walnuts and Pomegranates
Sliced Pineapple, Cottage Cheese and Chopped Cashews

There were a total of 21 different combinations, but these were the only three I could see myself eating.

And I always assume everyone is exactly like me!

Weekend Happenings

1. Did I mention The Chick is coming home today?

Did I?

Well, she is, and I am beyond thrilled, I tell you.

And that is no exaggeration.

I bought a new outfit and everything.

So, as far as Friday plans go, I plan on staring at Roxie...

Unless she has other places to be...

And then I will still be happy because she will be in the immediate vicinity.

There's a lot to be said for kiddos who stay in the immediate vicinity.

2. Saturday is going to be a good day, too, because not only will Roxie be "in the immediate vicinity," but Josh is coming home from Hartselle, and he will be here until Sunday afternoon.

I can hardly contain myself.

Needless to say, on Saturday, I plan on staring at Roxie AND Josh...

Unless they have other places to be...

And then I will still be happy because they will be in the immediate vicinity.

I think you get the idea.

3. After church Sunday, me and mine will head to Trussville for my traditional birthday meal of Taco Salad and Birthday Cake.

I will receive gifts and cards and a multitude of good tidings and well wishes from my immediate family.

It will be a day totally and completely centered around me...

The Enchanting Belinda.

Except for the departure of Roxie AND Josh on Sunday evening heading to Auburn and Hartselle, respectively, it should be a very, very good day.

I hope you and yours have a fun weekend. I'll be back next Friday with birthday pics, more Pinterest Stuff, more Weekend Happenings and hopefully, a new-to-me recipe I am planning on trying the first of next week.

Take care.

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

1 comment:

  1. A very Happy Birthday to you, Grandma Belinda!
    And becoming a Grandma must be the bestest present in the world right after becoming a mama.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter