Friday, November 13, 2015

Weekend Happenings AND Blog Linkage

Good Friday afternoon!

RANDOMNESS #1 - I'll just start from where I left off last week.

Melia had a birthday. Austin arranged for the Faulkner side and the Vines side to meet at Urban Cookhouse for a surprise lunch celebration, and a good time was had by all.


Melia did very well in the gift department this year. She received tickets to the Beauty and the Beast live production in Huntsville, a very cute patio set for the balcony and Pioneer Woman dishes.

She was a very happy 24 year-old.

RANDOMNESS #2 - After lunch, Mike and I kept Judith for a bit while Josh and Courtney went out and about for a little while.

As usual, she was pretty precious...

And mobile.

The Chick is going places...

Literally.


She showed Aunt Roxie all seven of her teeth.



She had a long talk with Hunter...

Probably about all of her teeth.



She tried to eat a plastic football...

With her teeth.


But most of all...


She was just plain ol' sweet.

RANDOMNESS #3 - I've been going to estate sales the past couple of months, and thoroughly enjoying myself.

I only go to the sales which are advertised with pics. Lots and lots of pics.

I also only go to the sales if there is something very specific I want shown in one of the pics.

This past week, the estate sale was in Athens, Alabama...

Which just so happens to be on a route that goes right past Hartselle...

Which coincidentally is where my second son, Josh, now resides.

Hmmmm.

He had worked all night, but I happen to know he gets up to eat lunch, and when I texted him the night before telling him of my plans, he was agreeable to partaking of the midday meal with me.

And I was thrilled.

However, I digress.

Here is the picture of why I traveled all the way to Athens, Alabama this past week.


I wanted this metal olive green floor lamp for a corner in my den.

I wanted it real bad.


You may be saying, "Why? It is such an ugly metal olive green floor lamp!"

But it just kinda fits my mood right now.

And it makes me happy when I look over in that corner of the den and it is all bright and shining at me.

RANDOMNESS #4 - Many of you have inquired about how my NANA-FOR-HIRE business is going...

And when I say "many," I mean three.

However, I would like to say I am having a great time.

In fact, I have a little job this very afternoon!


This is my NANA B BAG. I take it with me on all of my "jobs." Depending on the age, gender, etc. of the kiddos I will be spending time with on any particular day, I pack this bag accordingly.

Today's bag contains the following:

Slice and bake sugar cookies
Five different kinds of fall colored sprinkles
Four age-appropriate Thanksgiving books
Lace cards
Two brown paper bags for leaf gathering if time permits

Earlier in the week, it contained lace cards, a giant box of dominos AND I had to carry in an even bigger giant box of DUPLO Zoo Legos. (I tend to exaggerate a tad. "Bigger giant box" just means a pretty good size box which was too big to put into my enormous bag.)

I am averaging one or two jobs a week, but I would love it if it grew to three or five jobs a week.

That being said, here is my relevant info ONE MORE TIME...

I will stay with your kiddos for one to three hours. (Not over three.)

I will come to your home. (No judgment about messy, lived-in homes. Been there, done that, know how it feels.)

My NANA-FOR-HIRE services are available Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.

I am available for Moms in the Fultondale, Morris, Mount Olive and Gardendale areas.

Reasons you may need a NANA-FOR-HIRE:

1. Your regular babysitter cancels at the last minute.

2. You have a doctor’s appointment for you OR one of your kiddos, and you would rather not take the whole crew to the doctor’s office.

3. You have a haircut/manicure/pedicure scheduled, and you need uninterrupted time.

4. You need to run quick errands alone.

5. You need an uninterrupted lunch date with husband or a friend.

The list goes on and on and on.

Rates:

1 - 3 Kiddos - $10 First Hour; $10 Second Hour; $5 Third Hour - Total $25 for Three Hours

4 - 6 Kiddos - $10 First Hour; $10 Second Hour; $10 Third Hour - Total $30 for Three Hours

Contact information:

You can private message me on Facebook.
You can e-mail me at mfaulkner1306@charter.net.

All about me:

My name is Belinda Faulkner.
I am a Christian.
I am a 54 year-old wife of one and mother of three grown children.
I am a recent Empty Nester striving to fill my time in a useful, productive, Christ-honoring way.
I have a very old Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Development.
I love working with children. Always have, always will.

Blog Linkage

Go to Confessions of a Pioneer Woman on my sidebar and read today's post. It is just a pleasant, put-a-smile-on-your-face little post I think you might enjoy!

Also, there will be a Pioneer Woman Thanksgiving Special on the Food Network Channel Monday night. I'm planning on recording it on the DVR, and watching it many, many times over the next few days.

Weekend Happenings

1. Mike called a few minutes ago and asked me to go to dinner and the movies tonight, and I quickly agreed. At 54, when asked out on a date, I highly recommend saying "YES" quickly and loudly.

2. The Chick isn't coming home this weekend, but Mikie, Austin and Hunter are heading to Auburn, so some lucky people in my family will get to lay eyes on her.

3. I am attending a make-up party Melia is hosting tomorrow, and I have high hopes of finding the perfect lipstick for the holiday season.

4. Sunday will be church, NAP and Woodlawn with some friends Sunday afternoon. I have heard the movie is excellent, and I cannot wait to support this film!

Pretty exciting stuff, right?

Have a superior weekend. I'll be back next weekend with more of everything AUTUMNAL!

Sincerely,

The Enchanting Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter